Saturday, August 4, 2012

Loss and Love

This has been a difficult week to put it mildly.  Last Saturday my hubby lost a very dear friend.  Truthfully he was dear to both of us.  He was hubby's roommate in the police academy.  He was his partner in undercover narcotics investigations for many years and for a short time he was his sergeant.  He was larger than life, physically and personality-wise.  He was a loving, gentle giant of a man.  He saw the worst that life had to offer but always wanted to believe the best of people even when they had wronged him.  And they did wrong him.  You see, this gentle giant was a black man.  And he worked in his community fighting crime and injustice.  But even though he was often mistreated and mistrusted by his community and sometimes even his colleagues, he believed and practiced forgiveness everyday.


The loss of this man in my hubby's life will be great.  They were a great support system to each other.  He pushed hubby into his sergeants position because he knew hubby would be good supervisor.  (And he definitely is!)  Hubby challenged him in his faith. (I just recently learned that they Christmas shopped together every year!  Sneaky boogers!)  We loved him and we love his family, his lovely wife, his two sweet sons, and his adorable daughter.

So my heart is heavy this week with the loss of this man.  And my heart aches for his family and for hubby.  I know what hubby is feeling having lost my dear, sweet Rita not two years ago.  I admit I am a bit clueless as to how to help hubby deal with this loss.  I am trying to be available to him just for talking and listening and hand-holding but that is nothing new.  We "ran away from home" one night to stay at a resort not far from our home.  I think that was a good distraction for him.  More on this little trip later.  But I don't really know that anything helps other than time and the sweet knowledge that it is just a temporary separation because we will see him again.  Thank you, Lord , for the Hope of heaven.

If you don't have that Hope, please find a Christian friend, email or comment to me and let someone introduce you to Jesus.  He loves you, no matter your circumstances, your past, your lifestyle, He loves you!  And that love covers a multitude of sins, all you have to do is accept Him and learn to walk with Him.  And He is the best teacher EVER!  

Thankful for heaven and In love with Jesus, the lover of my soul and yours,

Laurie Jo        

No comments:

Post a Comment