Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Things your Hubby Needs to Hear From You

I believe that God made us, as women, to be helpmeets for our husbands.  That's our job.  It's not our only job but it is a very important one.  So I got to thinking about what exactly Hubby needs from me.  Of course, there are the obvious things... like he really needs me to help match his ties, shirts, coats, and pants!  He needs me to make sure he eats a balanced diet.  He needs me to run the household.  He needs me to mother his children.  He needs me to make sure the shower is cleaned every now and again and to mop his coffee drips off the counter.  But one of the things that I think he needs most from me is to balance all the negative messages that the world sends his way everyday.  He also needs me to speak truth to him when the world would have him believe a lie or maybe just when he has convinced himself of some crazy notion!

 So what kinds of things do ours hubs need to hear from us....

The short list....

1.  I love you.  I know that maybe you think you need to hear it from him more than he needs to hear it from you but he needs it.  He actually needs to hear it with some specifics.  For example "I love you because you cry at the end of sappy movies.  Or I love you because you are so sweet to our little old lady neighbor.  I don't know what it is that makes you go "Awwww" about him but you do so tell him.  

2.  You are completely amazing!!  Not just what you do but who you are!  You are an amazing person!    I am sure that there isn't another person on the planet as fantastic as you!  It may sound a bit over-the-top and it might make him giggle but it will also make him smile.  :-)

Those are easy-peasy compared to this one.... especially if you are dying to tell your story (like I so often am) or have some task you just have to get done (my list of things to accomplish has be pushed aside for a few minutes).  

3.  Tell me about it.  I want to hear about....  I have time to listen.  (Then you have to really listen. Eye contact, hands still, the whole sha-bang!)  :-) 

All of those are relatively easy compared to this last one.  This one has to be delivered with the right attitude. It can't smack of  any amount of snottiness or snideness or know-it-allishness.  (My made up words!)

4.  Honey, I think you are wrong about this.  You might consider this side of it, Sweetie.  Darling, are you sure that's what he meant when he said that?  Maybe he just meant this...  You get the idea.  Sometimes we have to be the voice of reason when hubs get bent out of shape over something and just can't wrap his brain around it.

I promise your hubby needs to hear these things from you.  Tell him the first one at every opportunity.  Use the second one as often as possible.  Look for every reason to use #3.  Save the fourth one for very important situations where hubs is struggling with something and never use it out of anger or spite.  Be the helper that God designed for your husband.   He put you together because you are specifically suited to each other.  Be that wife that your hubby needs.  

For the Lover of my soul and yours,

Laurie Jo

One of my fav bloggers posted this today.  Check her out.  It must be Jesus trying to get through to me in some way that He laid my post on my heart last evening and then this one hits my inbox today!!  :)

 Women Living Well Revive Your Marriage Series

No comments:

Post a Comment