Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken.... Cooking Up Some Chicken Love...

Not my typical post maybe but had to share this little concoction of chicken love!!  DS5 loves chicken.  I'm not sure if this is his favorite but he pretty much likes any chicken and he ate this up.  It is soooo easy.

Heat oven to 375.

4-5 lb. roasting chicken,  wash it if you want but it's unnecessary and means you have to sanitize your sink

2 TBSP softened butter, rubbed on chicken, makes the skin so crisp and yummy!

Season the chicken with some salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, etc.  I use my own mix that I call my house seasoning. (Maybe I share it with you sometime.)

1 medium onion, sliced into 6-8 thicker slices and 4-6 thin slices

1 lemon, sliced, make several slices thin

6-8 sprigs of fresh rosemary

Gently loosen the skin on the chicken breast.  Slide a few thin slices of onion, a slice or two of lemon, a couple of sprigs of rosemary under the skin.    Stuff the rest of the rosemary and lemon into the cavity of the chicken.

Place the 6-8 thicker slices of onion in the bottom of a roaster pan.  I line mine with foil to make clean up easier.  Place chicken on the bed of onion slices.

Roast chicken for 30-40 minutes at 375, then turn oven up to 425 and roast for another 10-20.  Check it frequently in the last 20 minutes and tent it with foil if the skin begins to darken too much.

I meant to take pics of this yummy entree but we were in too much of a hurry to eat!!  It is so yummy!  It has just a bit of citrus tang and the freshness of the rosemary.

I served a cheesy California blend of vegetables, cinnamon applesauce and crescent rolls but I think it would go well with a pilaf or buttered egg noodles or any number of other sides.  

I have also done this in my crock pot, just as delicious!

Leave me a comment if you try and like it... or don't like it (YIKES!) or maybe you improve it somehow....  :)





2 comments:

  1. ds4 loves about anything you cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love to cook for DS4! or 3, or 2, or 1 or your sisters or your pops or my sons by another mother... AKA the B-clan!!

      Delete